“Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.”
— Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Child's Creativity - Such A Beautiful Thing

I am the Momma of a wonderful 3 year old boy, Ronnie. He has watched me paint so many times, that he finally showed interest in wanting to give it a try! I absolutely love painting, I must get that from my Dad! 


I even found this cute little red apron for Ronnie at Hobby Lobby! :) It looks a lot like my apron, except mine has pockets on the front is covered in paint! :)

This is an original piece by my Dad, also named Ronnie. Growing up, this was one of my absolute favorite pieces of his artwork. I'll never forget, he always told me "art means different things to people." He told me "to me, this painting means to always have an open mind." 

What a wise man he was. 











I had thought about trying to recreate my favorite piece by my Dad. I had put it off, because I just didn't think I was capable of doing such a great piece justice. (yes, I doubted myself.) However, I finally decided to give it a try. They are different in small ways, but I felt so connected to him while painting this. I thought to myself, "he would be so proud to see this." 

I think if he were still alive, we would definitely have painting hang out time together! :)









Do you ever wonder what your child is thinking? Especially in their toddler years? I often do. A child's thoughts and imagination are two of the most beautiful things. Art is something that is open for interpretation, no matter who is painting it. It has a different meaning to us all. I may not know what he's thinking by his painting. 




But I can see how beautiful his thoughts are. With everything he paints, I can see the world through his eyes. He had a vision when he picked up that brush and made the paint come to life on canvas. 




So if you want to see some of the most beautiful and meaningful creations, sit your child down with a canvas (any size will do), a paint brush and some water based non-toxic paint and watch their imagination and thoughts come to life. 


Ronnie and his finished product! I enjoy so much watching him paint!

These were water colors he used on this one. After this painting, I decided to let him use non toxic paints, like I use!

He painted on an extra 16 x 20 canvas board I had. This one I think he was the most proud of! :)  
















I would highly suggest this little activity to all parents with toddlers (if you feel they are ready for something like this). He had such a blast painting and I had such a blast watching him paint! :) 



Until the next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment