“Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.”
— Albert Einstein

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cherry Devil Food's Cake

Yummy! Who doesn't love chocolate cake? 



I did a blog post the other day about an Apple Spice Cake . Which was oh so yummy. And only took 2 ingredients. Yes, just 2. Well this yummy Cherry Devil Food's Cake only takes 2 ingredients as well. Now, this cake doesn't have a strong taste of cherry, so if you are looking for that, you might add some cherry flavoring. Just a thought.

After making the Apple Spice Cake , I decided that I must experiment more with the 2 ingredient cakes. Yes, I just must! :) I had a can of cherry pie filling and bought a box of devil food's cake mix. 

These are the ONLY ingredients you need for this cake! 

I always try to take the healthier route, so I go for sugar free products when I can. You don't have to use sugar free, I'm sure the other would taste good too. :) 

Now, my son isn't a fan of texture changes while eating his food, due to some sensory issues. So like the last cake, I blended the cherry filling until it was all chopped up! :)

Once completely blended, I then mixed it with the cake mix. Again, I did NOT use anything the box calls for, eggs or oil. Just the cake mix. Once the cake mix and cherry filling is mixed together bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. I just used a 13X9 cake pan. 

He approved of the cake. Sorry that the picture is somewhat blurry, he's faster than me! :) 

According to the Recipe Calculator at Sparks Recipe 
this cake only has:

140.4 calories
     3.5 g fat
     2.3 g sugar

per serving. Makes 12 servings. 

I do hope you enjoy the cake as much as we do.

Until the next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment